Provide Your K–8 Students Access to Rich Independent Reading Libraries
Browse our HMH Independent Reading Libraries for Grades K–8 to gain access to rich resources designed to increase student engagement and success. Engaging, appropriately leveled texts give students countless opportunities to enjoy literature and gain confidence in their ability to read to learn.
Explore our Collections to Learn More!
- Our K–5 Lexile® Collection canvas tote bags each contain 50 carefully curated book selections.
- Each K–5 Grade Level Library offers pre-selected fiction and non-fiction titles based on typical grade-level reading ranges. On average, one-third of the selected titles are trade books.
- For Kindergarten, each library is comprised of five totes, each containing 250 books.
- For Grades 1–5, each library is comprised of six totes, each containing 300 books.
- For Grades 6–8, there are three separate collections of award-winning, authentic literature.
- All libraries are labeled by Lexile level.
View our purchasing options and updated pricing for 2018.
Find your Account Executive.
Interested in more information on independent reading? Check out these HMH® resources:
White Paper: The Value of Independent Reading: Analysis of Research
Shaped Blog Post: Wiggle While You Read? 5 Ways to Spark Engaged Independent Reading
Lexile® is a trademark of MetaMetrics, Inc., and is registered in the United States and abroad. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt® and HMH® are registered trademarks of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.